I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teacher Gift



The end of school is fast approaching for my boys.  Just one day left!  They are very ready for summer and I am, too.  I am ready for a calmer schedule and the lazy days of summer to begin.

For my Kindergartners class I had the boys and girls sign their names with neon paint markers on a spray painted terra cotta pot.  Many of the kids enjoyed embellishing with smiley faces and hearts.  I sprayed a clear coat on it and then planted some light and bright pink geraniums.  Their teacher is retiring after 18 years of teaching to spend more time with her family.  This was just a small way for us to show her our thanks for a great year and to congratulate her in her new season of life.

Are you ready for summer to begin?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift and one she will no doubt enjoy all season long as she remembers the children, and you for your thoughtfulness...a fit gift from one as thoughtful as she is.

Unknown said...

What a sweet teacher's gift! I'm sure she loved it. I miss giving teacher gifts since my son has grown up. Enjoy the beginning of your summer break!!