I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Sunday, November 4, 2012

fall musings and a recipe


 Fall is such a beautiful time of year.  But, if you're not careful it can pass so quickly without noticing the changing leaves.  Taking a walk or a drive at this time of year is a wonderful way to enjoy the beauty of the season. 


Two of my boys have their birthdays in the fall, so it is a season for family celebration, too.  With each passing birthday it is a time for me to reflect back on the past, reminisce and look forward to the future.  I remember when I was young I always looked forward to the next birthday, because growing older was fun.  The next "number" sounded so much older, wiser and more exciting!  Now, not so much.  Ha ha!  But, with grace I believe we can accept where we are at and have joy no matter the season or age.


I tried a new recipe, one just perfect for this time of year.  It is simply delicious.  It uses crunchy tart apples and candy (Snickers.)  A great combination I think!  I once heard a chef say a good dish was one that includes all of our taste buds.  I had never thought of it like that before.  Well, this recipe comes very close with it's sweet, salty and crunchy nature.   The original recipe is found here and all credit goes to Nikki from Chef in Training.

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, does that every look good to eat. Love the pictures as well. Thanks for sharing!