I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Pretties

After Thanksgiving it seems I have been busy nonstop.  Thus, the reason for not posting!! But, decorating the house for Christmas always follows Thanksgiving for me.  I especially had a lot of fun decorating my dining room.  This is only our 2nd Christmas in our new home so I did a fair amount of experimentation with the decorations until I got things just right.  I thought it would be fun to share some pictures with you.  I love my table because it combines things both sets of parents have given or made for me.  My dad made the advent wreath and my mother-in-law the table runner.  They both have this blueish green in them that looks perfect together.
 
I am really enjoying my "girlie" tree with pink tinsel.  Living in a house with all males I need my pink!

 I bought this stocking at a craft sale in St. Peters, Missouri.  The lady who made it had so many beautiful hand made items.  I envied her ability to crochet tiny doilies and lacework.  She shared with me how this stocking was made from old quilt scraps.  Isn't it lovely all dressed with pearl buttons  and trim?

Today will be another day full of sewing for me.  I will be sharing in the days to come, so stop on back!

Blessings!

No comments: