I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happiness is . . .

going to get the mail this time of the year!  I just love all of the Christmas cards with hand written messages.  And what fun to see the smiling faces of far away loved ones on photo cards.  It is just so much fun!

Happiness is also my boys reenacting the Christmas story.  Here they are the "3 wise men bearing gifts from afar."

Happiness is also them placing their crowns on "baby Jesus" and my youngest's desire to do it over and over again because it was so much fun. (I have guilt over not having the time to oblige him.)

Happiness is spools of new ribbon!  I just love these colors and it is pure eye candy for me (with zero calories I might add!)  Happiness is also my back-up Bernina machine (thanks Mom!) to use when my newer machine couldn't handle all of the sewing I was doing for Christmas gifts.  It was such a relief to have a working machine to keep plugging away at my gifts.  The cute Scottie dog also makes me very happy thanks to Jenny B Harris.  She was incredibly generous in releasing the pattern through a Creative Commons Attribution License.  See this.  I hope this inspires others to do the same.  Now, you can make these cute dogs, too.  She has a wonderful website full of inspiration if you have time to take a look.  She is so creative!  I love the colors she works with.  They are so cheery!


 I made these Scotties for some special people in my life who have been such a support to me and my business this year.  It has really been a sweet ending to 2010. 

Tomorrow begins our journey to Minnesota to spend Christmas with our families.  My prayer for you is to have a very joyful and peaceful Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. 

I am looking forward to what God has in store in 2011! 

Until next year!

2 comments:

Shann said...

Hope your Christmas was merry Kathy! I am also looking forward to what The Lord has in store for me in 2011. :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest one,

What a joy to be with you and share the joy of the season. It was hard to see you go knowing it would be months before we are together again.

I hope you will continue to share these wonderful vignettes of your life. It helps me feels connected. Thank you!