I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Secret Santas

A few days ago I announced to my family we should have a little fun with each other by playing secret santas.  Oftentimes I noticed we can treat strangers better than the very loved ones we live with.  I wanted us to think of each other better than ourselves and to go out of our way to do something kind and thoughtful with the restriction of using our own time and talents (no spending allowed!)  With excitement then we quietly drew names from a hat.

Now that we've been playing it for a few days it is a lot of fun!  I chose my oldest son's name and I am beginning to see he picked my name, too!



I was in shock when he asked me if I wanted help with editing our christmas card photo.  Why, yes I certainly did want some help.  My boys would much rather give blood than be all dressed up posing for a silly camera for a sentimental mom.  So the time he took to help me make the final photo cut was a gift indeed.

My oldest son loves to eat and boy do I mean eat!  He feels loved when I make him a snack or a nice meal (he's a lot like his paternal grandpa that way).  His day on Monday was spent mostly away from the family as he had a couple of friends over after school to study and then after dinner they left for youth group.  I had a snack ready for him when they came home and then made dinner for him and his friends.  Then before I went to bed I left him a little toy train filled with Hershey kisses on his bed, knowing he would see it before he crawled under the covers.


I awoke to this note on my ipad the next morning,

Good morning and good day!
Although yesterday may seem so far away,
Truly this note was scribed before midnight,
So your Secret Santa had not forgotten your delight.

And surely a few cheesy couplets can amend
My negligence toward you (which I really did not intend?)

Alas, I will bid thee adieu and entreat that you have an incredible day!

I knew instantly it was son #1 - for he has way with words that leaves me in awe!!

We will probably reveal our secret santas tonight and draw another name so I want to bless son #1 with his favorite meal - PASTA!  They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and that is certainly true with him. 

Those are a few things I have done for my secret santa.   How about you?  Do you play secret santas?

Blessings!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy, that was such a joyous thing to do and I adore what you and he did for each other. I love it! God bless you all, it is such a wonderful expression of your love for each other.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

Mom

Unknown said...

Wow son #1 is a poet!! What a fun idea to play with your family. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!