I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

GooGone to the Rescue


I accidentally dried a load of clothes with a tube of chapstick.  I was so horrified when I saw all of the stains on our clothes as I began to fold them.  There were dark grease spots splattered across many of our shirts and pants.  I tried multiple products, including "ZOUT" my favorite,  but none of them worked much to my frustration.

But, then I asked a friend of mine, and she suggested using Goo Gone.  At this point I was game to try anything because it looked like a loss as far as I was concerned.  I squirted it on every stain and let it sit for 5-10 minutes (found out it's best to do this in a well ventilated area because the smell is quite strong!)  Then, I washed the clothes with detergent just like I normally would.


Waalaah!  Clean clothes again!!!  Every spot came out!!  There is a faint smell left over on the clothes but it either evaporates out or is gone after multiple washings.

I have had my bottle of Goo Gone for years and years to get stickers off things but I never once tried it on clothes.  Now I know!

Have you ever had a dryer nightmare? 

May all your laundry days be blessed!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never would have thought to use that on clothes...great tip!

Shann said...

Hi Kathy!
I did not know that could be used on clothes! Thanks for sharing. I could totally use this tip for sure! :)
Thanks for the sweet comment on my little quilt. Yes, I did machine quilt it. I know you can do it too! It is not perfect by any means....but it is so rewarding to say I did it myself. :)
Have a wonderful day! :)
Hugs, Shann