I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Flower Garden

On the way to my mailbox my clematis with it's first blooms of the season caught my eye.  What is it about flowers that delight me so? 


Perhaps it is their cheerful, colorful faces pointed heavenward. They are beautiful bursts of joy.   I am so glad God created the flowers!

Then, I peeked around the side of my house to see what was happening there.  To my surprise I saw my peonies are about ready to bloom.  Their buds are so large and tight, about the size of a ping pong ball.


I had my heart set on pink peonies while shopping at the nursery last year but there were slim pickings.  Apparently a lot of other people like pink peonies, too!  Imagine that!  Not one to wait my husband urged me to pick from what was there.


Whatever the color I am sure it will not disappoint!  Can't wait to see the layers and layers open up. 

Since our March weather was unseasonably warm we took a risk in putting in our tiny vegetable garden early.  Last week when the temperatures were foretasted to dip below freezing we covered up our starter vegetable plants.  Unfortunately,  many of our tomatoes and some of our peppers got too cold.  They look so pathetic all withered.  It was disappointing but I guess it was a lesson learned! 

I am enjoying watching our gardens this Spring, how is your garden growing? 

Blessings,

No comments: