I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Swinging

Swinging on our play set with my youngest recently brought back a flood of memories of enjoying this as a girl.  During recess it was one of my favorite activities.  I would pump my legs so hard with my toes pointed towards the white puffy clouds in a blue sky.  I was sure I could touch them if I just pumped hard enough.  Or maybe my toes could brush the wings of a bird.

image
The feeling of weightlessness as I went swung back down, my hair blowing in the breeze was exhilarating.  What a carefree feeling!  Robert Stevenson has a beautiful poem about swinging I thought you might like.

The Swing

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

Robert Louis Stevenson
 
Hoping your day includes something fun, too!

No comments: