I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Days of the Week Dishcloths

It has been forever and a day since my last post.  Life has a way of keeping me busy and away from my sewing machine.  But, whenever there is a celebration to be had I like to hand make a gift.  It's just my way of giving a gift with my time and talent.  It felt so good to be at my sewing machine.  Being creative is very soothing for me, much like therapy I guess.



I have a cousin getting married really soon.  Unfortunately, distance will prevent me from attending the ceremony.  By far the hardest thing about being away from family is missing out on the gatherings.  Aren't weddings the happiest occasions to attend?

When I saw this on pinterest I knew I wanted to make it for my cousin.  What a great idea of putting the days of the week to dress up an ordinary dishcloth.  And a sneaky way to ensure a fresh dishcloth is used everyday!


I chose bright, cheery fabrics which hopefully will make dishwashing a not so mundane task! To go with the dishcloths I made some similar dishtowels.  This time I used the couples last name for the monogram.



I think these colors will compliment just about any kitchen decor.  And I pray the newlyweds will have many years together of love and joy.

BLesSings,
Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Kathy! They turned out wonderful. No doubt the newlyweds will have a lot of use for them.