I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Friday, September 24, 2010

Bibs, Blankets and Blocks, Oh My!

I completed my shower gift for our dear cousin who is expecting in November. They are adding a girl to their family of 2 boys. They are all so excited! The mom choose this modern circle flannel. This is the second time I've been able to make baby items from this fabric. It was a pleasure working with it, again. I think in large part because the colors are so soothing. I love the combination of pink and brown together. Mom will be receiving a set of burp cloths, blocks with rattles inside, and a large receiving blanket. I remember the receiving blankets I used for my boys and how quickly they outgrew them! My boys averaged 9lbs so tiny wasn't in our vocabulary! The one I made is as large a square as I could get it (about 40x40".)

I made a swaddler as well. I would have loved one of these when my boys were babies. I had at least one colicky child and I had trouble keeping them wrapped in a blanket. The swaddler is designed to snuggle babies arms and legs so they feel like they are still in the womb. It is very soothing to them. I love how people are always inventing new ways to make mothering easier (not easy, just easier.)

Ribbon blankets are fairly new to me, too. They are a quick and fun project to do. I used a minky fabric on the bottom. That has to be the softest fabric out there - I really love it. The blanket has one longer ribbon to hold onto a pacifier.

What little baby doesn't need a bib?
( Attached to it is a pacifier clip.)

We can't wait to welcome the new addition into the family!

Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely, I know that she will be very pleased. You do such beautiful work.