I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Thankful Heart

Hubby was away on business last evening which means mealtimes are a little (okay a lot ) more crazy.  Last night was no exception.  My second oldest was in a particularly "active" mood.  As a result there were many "lively" comments exchanged between the boys.  They generally get along but they have streaks of competitiveness that can quickly turn a bit negative.  Always wanting to correct or prove they are right wears on me after awhile.  It must have been the Lord who prompted me to have each of them say one nice thing about their brothers at the end of the meal.  So, one by one, they shared out loud straight from their hearts.  I wish I would have recorded it because it was priceless.  Themes of "he's always around to play" and "he's fun to be around" and "he understands me" and "he's good at helping me because he's so smart"  were spoken.  I took my turn complimenting each of them and it was so good for me as well to focus on their gifts because as a mom it's all to easy to find fault with them.  Then I congratulated them on stellar report cards.  Plans were quickly made to go the grocery store to pick out some donuts to celebrate.  They didn't seem to mind the meager selection at 7:30pm.  But, it was a sweet ending to a rather hairy evening.  It's always good to count my blessings! 

No comments: