I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's almost time!

I have been preparing all year for this Saturday's craft sale at our local high school. I have been sewing oodles and oodles of baby items!! A few months back I also published this!  With more product than space at my table I turned my thoughts to sewing an apron to store money (hopefully) or tissues if I don't sell anything!!! Just kidding, of course!!!

  Sorting through my fabric stash I gathered these items. . .

Yummy colors!
 I envisioned an apron with 3-pockets that tied at the waist.  As I began assembling it, I was struck with how these fabrics were meant to be together.  What surprised me the most was how they were purchased at different times and for different projects I had in mind.  Isn't that how God works in our lives? We set out to do something and then we go down side-roads, encounter exits and on-ramps and perhaps the worst . . . roadblocks or even road construction (can we say character development?)  But, God is so faithful to turn those things around for good, for he has good plans for us, a future and a hope.  He has an incredible way of taken our broken lives and making something beautiful out of them.  It feels sort of messy and out of control as we are in the midst of it.  But, He is faithful to complete the good work which he started in us, if we stay yoked to Jesus.
Finished apron.

Just like these scraps of fabric that had no purpose until I pulled them out and put them together to create something useful.  The apron reminds of chocolate and pink icing.  Wouldn't it be cute in a pastry or ice-cream shoppe?  What fun!!!!

I'd love to see you at the craft sale!!  Last year I walked away so inspired by the wonderful things people created (and a few treasures to take home!)  But, reading all of your blogs/websites does the same thing for me.  God bless!!

No comments: