I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fun Stuff and Happy Mother's Day!

Today I thought it would be fun to show you some photos of several beautiful creations my mom-in-love, Joy for Jesus, made for me.   These are just a few examples of what she sewed.  For many years she sewed clothing and things for the home.  She also made beautiful soft sculptures with so much attention to detail.  When her son proposed to me he gave me (besides a diamond ring!) this adorable bunny she made.

Engagement Bunny

She made a lot of these bunnies and personalized them for the person she was making them for. Each bunny had it's name written on it's rump!  Included on mine was our engagement date and do you see the engagement ring on the bunnies paw?!

This is the wedding bear she gave us.

Wedding Bear
Do you see the wedding date on the paw?  (My youngest son put the cast on her left arm!  This explains it.  He he!)

Years later I received this mommy bunny who has her 3 little bunnies in the pocket of her dress!
 
Mommy Bunny
I marvel at how much time and thought she put into each one.  They are certainly treasures made for special times in my life and they really mean a lot to me.

I am so thankful for her and my mom who taught me to sew.  I remember going to her with numerous questions as I was working my way through a pattern as a girl.  She always stopped what she was doing to teach me, to her I am so indebted!  Both of these women have sowed into my life in ways they may never know, but I give them honor, my love and many thanks to God for them!

My prayer is for all Mom's to have a very special Mother's Day!  Through the course of a day you do countless deeds for your family that oftentimes go unnoticed or unthanked.  But, God sees and knows and cares! 

"She watches over the ways of her household, 
And does not eat the bread of idlesness.  
Her children rise up and call her blessed.  
Her husband also, and he praises her:  
"Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all."  
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, 
but a woman who fears the Lord, 
she shall be praised."

Proverbs 31:27


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun it was to see these things again,

God gave you to me and I am so thankful to Him for you; a biological daughter could not be loved or appreciated more than you are.

I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for sharing this wonderful memory.