I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Memory Bear

I had the privilege of making a memory bear for a dear relative. A memory bear is simply made out of a favorite article of clothing too precious to part with after someone's passing.  By creating the bear the memories of that person can be cherished in the form of a cuddly bear.  See here for some really phenomenal bears.

The bear I made was from a wool coat Genie Lowe wore a lot.  It was unnerving for me to cut into a perfectly good coat and it caused a bit of anxiety because I knew I wasn't able to get more fabric if I made a mistake! 

Genie's Coat
  
It turns out I had enough fabric with a little left over and this was the end result.


Memory Bear for her son, Tom.

Genie Lowe was a precious lady who dedicated the last 30 years of her life to handing out New Testaments to the Jewish people.  She had such a heart for sharing the good news with them.  Many years ago Genie prayed for her niece, Joy,  to receive Christ, which she did at 13 years of age.  Years later Joy then prayed with her son to receive Christ when he was only 5 years old.  Then, her son led me to Christ when we were dating in college.  I was 20 years old and we were married a year later!  Can you see the impact of one person praying?  I thank God for Genie, and the life she lived serving the Lord.  She is such an inspiration.  To learn more about her life please watch the video  . . .

2 comments:

Shann said...

I love love love this!!!! :)
How wonderful that you were able to make a bear out of her sweet jacket. I bet you were scared cutting into it. I loved the video of her ministry as well. What an amazing woman. I bet she heard the words "Well done" when she entered God's Kingdom. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this Kathy. I am so happy that you honored my Auntie in this way. No doubt the Lord is pleased.

The bear is awesome!!!!!! I trust that Tom will appreciate it.

Yes, I agree with you Shann, I have no doubt that Auntie heard those words. I thank God for the memory of her.