I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Pizza Night!

Friday night dinners at our house usually involve pizza of some sort.  Almost always it is frozen pizza and occasionally we treat ourselves to delivery on special occasions but this time I was in the mood to try homemade.  To my delight, the crust was super easy to put together using my food processor.  And in less than 2 hours it was ready to roll out.    I was after a tomato basil pizza using fresh basil from my garden (which is in abundance right now!)  But, I learned the hard way basil turns brown and nasty in just a few minutes in the oven when it's the last ingredient on the pizza.  We ended picking it off  and replacing it with freshly torn leaves.  It was a nice change from the usual and I really want to try a fresh mozarellla, roma tomato pizza with basil next time.  My friend served us a similar one from COSTCO and it was delicious!!  Beings I'm too far from a store I'll have to keep experimenting in my own kitchen.

With the little bit of dough left over I made a cherry dessert pizza.  Yum yum yum!!!  Not a crumb was left over of our little pizza dinner. 

Hoping you are having a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Shann said...

Oh yum do both of those look good! :)
I have a fresh basil plant growing on my deck. I have been making yummy things with it this summer as well. Pizza and basil go very well together, don't they? I have not attempted homemade crust due to my fear of yeast. :) But maybe you have given me the courage to try it. That dessert pizza looks fantastic! I bet it was all gobbled up!