I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Baking

I wanted to share some yummy fall desserts that are filling the air in my kitchen with spicy, pumpkin goodness these days.

First off are these super moist cookies.  Be sure and make a double batch because they disappear quickly :) 

image


The recipe can be found here from all recipes.


Next, up is an easy pumpkin cake made with only a few ingredients.    This is a relatively low-fat cake as there isn't any oil or butter in it!  I think that means you can eat more and not have the guilt, right???


Pumpkin Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin 
3 eggs
2 Tbsp pumpkin pie mix

Mix all ingredients together then pour into a greased bundt pan.  
Bake @ 350degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Let cool for about 15 minutes then remove cake from pan.
 
Glaze
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup chips (butterscotch or semi-sweet)
Bring whipping cream to a simmer then add chips and heat until melted.
Once cooled pour over cooled cake.

What do you have baking in your kitchen?


2 comments:

Shann said...

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) That puff corn is in the chip isle. Shann said she has seen it in Meijer but I bought our bag in Walmart. It's really good straight out of the bag too! Yum!!

Shann said...

Oops, that comment is from Alison not Shann. :) I am on her computer since we made it to MI. Yippee!