I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Decorating

We had a wonderful weekend with my family but before their arrival I had fun decorating my home for fall.  Funny how just the little changes I made here and there brightened up the whole room.  I have to admit though orange is one of my favorite colors.  To me it is a color that personifies cheerfulness.  Please come take a peek in my home . . .

First off my kindergartner came home from a field trip to the pumpkin patch with this nicely shaped pumpkin.  It seemed the perfect companion to the stuffed mouse on our mudroom bench.  Isn't he sweet?


Adding some fall leaves, picks and a banner brought some much needed color to my mantel.

From my kids book collection I pulled out some fall favorites and put them on the mantel ends.  Books were the obvious choice for me since I didn't have any matching candles and they work because they echo the colors surrounding them.  It helps unify everything.



Next, I pulled out the spring flowers in this vase and replaced them with a fall bouquet.  It was a much better choice because now the leaves "pop" against the white vase. 


Fall used to be a season I didn't enjoy but now I really do.  I fully embrace it (well except the cold temperatures.)  The colors of fall: gold, bronze, red, orange and brown feel all cozy to me due to their warm tones. 

I am going to focus on fall all this week so please come back tomorrow and I'll share photos of my porch decked out for fall.

BlesSings!

"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens:  let your glory be above all the earth."  
Psalm 57:11

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your home looks beautiful and full of FALL! Isn't it such a wonderful season? :)

Anonymous said...

It looks just lovely Kathy!