I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, February 25, 2012

apple muffins

Hello dear readers!

I have a habit of searching out new recipes on websites and in cookbooks.  I think the photos are what pulls me in.  And don't you feel hungrier and inspired afterwards?  I do!  Well, recently this recipe for apple muffins caught my eye.  I don't know if I've ever made apple muffins before.  I repeatedly make blueberry muffins because it's our favorite.  But, with an abundance of apples in my fruit bowl, namely crispy and juicy pink ladies (yum!)  I decided to try out this recipe.


Boy am I glad I did!  I held off on the pecans, sugar and cinnamon topping since my boys don't like nuts.  So next time I think I'll add the cinnamon to the batter and it would be even better.


These are really moist muffins with soft bits of apples inside.  They are lower in fat thanks to only a 1/4 cup of oil and 1 cup of applesauce.  Less guilt is always good in my book.  I was sure my boys would turn their nose up at them since they aren't like the oily and sweet muffins found in bakeries but they gobbled them up!  I did use a jumbo muffin tin (b/c who only eats one little muffin anyway??)  and I was able to get 10 muffins out of one batch.  Looks like I'll be making more since they didn't even last 24 hours in my house!! 

It's a good thing I like to bake!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, do they ever look good. I trust you will make some the next time I come? Yummy! Back to empty cupboards here...gotta go grocery shopping..:)