I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heart Tarts

While searching for ideas for my son's Valentine's Day classroom party I came across this recipe at Family Fun magazine.  They looked too good not to try!



There is minimal prep since you start out with a ready-made pie crust.  I bought a large box from Sam's Club before Christmas and I still have quite a few rolls left.  This is the perfect recipe to use them up!


After sealing up the jam filled hearts they go in the oven.  Once cooled don't delay in eating them!  They are super flaky and so much better than pop-tarts!  My husband and kids love pop-tarts; me, not so much.  But, they said these were waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than pop-tarts.  One pie crust makes 6 tarts, so plan accordingly!


I have utilized the family fun website quite a bit in getting ideas for my kindergartner's parties.  They have tons of ideas and great photos.  Naturally I thought it would also be fun to get a subscription and so I ordered one from thrifty magazine(only $4.99 for 10 issues!)  A pretty good deal I think!

Blessings!



2 comments:

Shann said...

Oh yum Kathy! These look so good. And I just happen to have a box of pie crust in my fridge from Christmas as well. Hmmmmm. :)
Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! I know the kids will love them too. Oh how I miss Family Fun magazine. I subscribed to that for probably 9 years until my kid-o out grew the articles. Enjoy it while you can and always, always bake a pie.