I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prophetstown 1920's Working Farm

We recently visited a 1920's working farm at Prophetstown State Park. These sheep were not fazed by us parking our van next to them.

The boys had fun playing with the victrola and old typewriter in the home. The home is a replica of a 1920's Sears kit home done up in Victorian style.

I had to show them how to put paper in the typewriter! Does that make me old?


In the bedroom was this old treadle sewing machine. My son's first question was "is this plugged in?" My boys are so used to everything being powered by electricity.

I had fun looking at the items in the old trunk. I read a story or too from the book, "Dolly Dear."


In the barn we were greeted by these delightful kitties. I thoroughly enjoyed holding them and it brought back memories of my childhood cat, Socks. I was in awe over how these tiny creatures weren't fearful of the very large cow nearby chewing on dinner. She had been outside the barn just mooing away wanting to come in to be milked. She was shortly obliged and I was given the opportunity to try my hand at milking her. My kids were not so brave!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh how I would love this! I just swoon at old trunks filled with treasures. Looks like so much fun! Have a great day!