I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ruffled Bumsies


Yesterday did not bode well for sewing my friends apron. I didn't check the design of the fabric before cutting it out and sure enough I had it upside down! Things got worse when I went to get more fabric and found they were out of stock! Oh, well! For now that project is on hold!!
So, instead I wanted to share a fun project with baby onesies. I discovered these adorable ruffled bumsies on Our Cozy Nest and I had a lot of fun experimenting. On the one above, I serged the edges before gathering the strips.

On this one I hemmed the edges before gathering which gave it a smoother look.

I did this one the same but in a mint green color.



The ruffles were attached closer on this one. I wanted it to look more full.

On this one I pinked the edges and only did 2 strips.

The fronts were just too plain to leave alone so I tried my hand at making yo-yo's out of the yellow and teal fabric and with the bright pink I formed a ruffled strip into a flower.

My friend's daughter is the recipient of these dressed up onesies. She was born after I moved away and I got to meet her for the first time a couple of weeks ago. She is sooooooooo adorable! I had so much fun getting to know her and spending time with my friend. I miss her so much! We spent nearly everyday together as we lived on the same block. We had a routine of walking with our sons in their strollers. After the walk we'd watch the boys play outside as we talked on the porch. Those were the days!!

May God bless your day, today!

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Thanks so much for the visit and even more for the gracious comment. Here's hoping you'll become a follower and somehow my blog could be a blessing to you and at the same time...glorify Him.