I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Friday, July 2, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes

We went blueberry picking last night and I promised everyone blueberry pancakes for breakfast. This was my youngests 3rd year picking but he still isn't the most cheerful of companions in the blueberry patch! My other boys like to compete and see who can pick the most blueberries. They love to see who was "right" when their bags are weighed! They were satisfied with almost 6lbs of berries all together. I located a blueberry pancake recipe in this beloved cookbook of mine. It holds special memories since it was given as a wedding shower gift by our college friends. I love how they each contributed handwritten recipes, they really reflect their personalities and ingenuity. One is for grilled cheese sandwiches (now mind you most people live in dorms) and uses none other than an iron to melt the cheese! My favorite is a recipe for "The Perfect Pizza." It is an 11 step process to call Domino's for delivery (yes, he was a Domino's driver!) Then the more seasoned cooks gave me recipes for "Country Fried Chicken" and "Oven Baked Fruit Pancake." The shower was a complete surprise for us and it was so thoughtful of them.

The recipe is very easy with few ingredients.

Blueberry Pancakes
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
fresh blueberries

Beat egg until light. Add milk. Sift baking powder, salt and flour together and then stir into the first mixture. Pour onto hot griddle. Sprinkle blueberries on top. When bubbles form then flip.
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people!)
In my family I have to double or triple this recipe!!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: