I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pour you out a blessing

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10

Do you ever have those times when God opens a window of blessing? It recently happened to me. I had just brought my son to the doctor for earaches (too much pool water?) and was on my way to the pharmacist when I made a quick stop into a flower shop that was advertising a dozen roses for $6.99. Who couldn't resist that??? I dragged my boys inside and once inside we were greeted by the friendliest people who told us they were celebrating the shops birthday. Did we want cake, soda, popcorn and to play some carnival games? They didn't know the best they could do for us! Since my boys love to eat they were happy to get some treats. My youngest got his face painted with a smiley face and he played all of the games. He even won a bouquet of flowers (his older, wiser brother suggested I pick them out :) !) Just as we had made our purchase and eaten the last bite of our cake they filled my boys hands with cotton candy. Our hands were full already!! But, what a fun adventure it was and it really lifted our spirits that day. Thank you, Lord!


" . . . because He delights in mercy and lovingkindness."
Micah 7 :18


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sewn With Grace said...

I love how the Lord tucks a fun surprise into our ordinary days. How very fun!