I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Adoption

Holt International
About 6 months ago I began supporting a chinese baby girl who didn't have a mommy or daddy to care for her through Holt International.  They are a Christian organization specializing in orphanages and international adoption.  My chinese girl's picture has been on my refrigerator since I received it and I've been praying for her to be placed in a loving, godly family.  Well, just last week, I received a letter saying she had been adopted by an American family.  While I was glad my prayers were answered I was also a little sad I wasn't a part of her life anymore.  Thankfully, Holt gave me another girl, about 10 years old from Nepal, who I can support.  She sounds like a sweet girl who loves school and her friends.  It is a rewarding experience to be a part of these girls lives even though we live so far away.  Isn't it wonderful how God gives you room in your heart to love more people?  What a joy!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Shann said...

Good morning Kathy! Sounds like you have sweet girls far away to! :) Isn't God amazing that He can do that???!!! WOW! Yes, I did sew my hearts by hand. I used felt from Michaels for the hearts and then embroidery floss for the words. They are a lot of fun to make. Have a good day at home with your boys! Stay warm! :)
Shann