I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What Little Boys are Made Of

Puppies have been on my mind lately.  Last week I used up the last of my puppy fabric here and I was happy to find more at JoAnns over the weekend.  Actually, it is slightly different than the one I had but oh so adorable I think.  With just one yard I made a swaddler, burp cloth and bib.  The swaddler is lined with white flannel and the other two have white chenille on the backside.  So, what is it about puppies and boys?  It was captured beautifully in this English nursery rhyme . . .
 What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
 
I wish I could have found some sweet girl fabric this weekend but no such thing.  
 
Speaking of puppies, I don't think I've introduced you to our dog Snickers before.  Here is a picture of our youngest (at 1 1/2) grooming him . . .
I don't think Snickers knew what to think about this new experience.   He was an unclaimed stray and my hubby was more than happy to call him our own.  He's a wonderful dog but his only downfall is HE IS SUPER EXCITABLE around any human being.  He is such a loyal pooch who loves to be petted and played with.  You know the scripture "pray w/o ceasing?"  Well, Snickers motto is "pet me forever."  I suppose boys and puppies are alike in there ability to be messy and mischievous.  My boys have been guilty on both counts!!  Ha ha!  But, aren't they so much fun, too??

Blessings!
 
 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had been awhile since I was in here and what fun it was to visit.

I love everything you make, even your mending projects were fun to see.

Love you soooo much...Me