I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby Dress Upcycle

This sweet baby dress was just too cute to pass up at my thrift store.  Not that I have a baby girl to wear it but I saw it's potential as a doll dress.  In my mind I planned to give this a-line dress another life!   Wouldn't it be cute worn to a tea party, birthday party (with cupcakes of course) or a wedding?  You get the idea:)


Well, it was time to make my plans into a reality!  Since the dress was a 3/6 month size it had be taken up in the shoulders, sides and bottom hem.  A. lot.  A baby is much plumper than a doll so I took off quite a bit on the shoulders and sides.


I found myself in the school of hard knocks doing this as this was a first for me (a.k.a. a lot of trial and error!)  I drew lines with my erasable marker and did a lot of test runs with basting.  Thankfully, my model was a good sport and didn't mind all of the dressing and undressing.  She just kept smiling at me!


After several false attempts at getting a good fit I used tissue paper to trace around the doll for a dress pattern and it was much more successful in getting a good fit.  After hemming I was finished!





I kept the back the same.

  I turned a once loved baby dress into a doll party dress.  What do you think?

Blessings to you my sweet friends!

 Party Dress is in my Etsy Store.

I am linking up with Sew Much Ado.  






No comments: