Well, it was time to make my plans into a reality! Since the dress was a 3/6 month size it had be taken up in the shoulders, sides and bottom hem. A. lot. A baby is much plumper than a doll so I took off quite a bit on the shoulders and sides.
I found myself in the school of hard knocks doing this as this was a first for me (a.k.a. a lot of trial and error!) I drew lines with my erasable marker and did a lot of test runs with basting. Thankfully, my model was a good sport and didn't mind all of the dressing and undressing. She just kept smiling at me!
After several false attempts at getting a good fit I used tissue paper to trace around the doll for a dress pattern and it was much more successful in getting a good fit. After hemming I was finished!
I kept the back the same.
Blessings to you my sweet friends!
Party Dress is in my Etsy Store.
I am linking up with Sew Much Ado.