I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Repurposing

I was inspired to re-purpose previously loved clothing by sewing them into doll clothes.  I discovered it is really a lot of fun!!  The skirt on this cheerleader outfit used to be a Denver Bronco's baby outfit and the shirt was made from a brand new Detroit Tigers t-shirt that matched perfectly (both items I got at Goodwill on their 50% off day!)  I fell in love with the pleats and thought it would make a cute cheer skirt.  


I centered the pleats to fall right near her hips.


The NFL logo just so happened to land on her side.


And to save myself one step in creating the t-shirt I cut out the front and back pieces on the bottom hem.  

Then I created these pom-poms so she genuinely looks like a cheerleader!  

I enjoyed the challenge of thinking this process through and I am eager to see what else I can create with the other cute clothes I bought.  Next time I will remember to take before shots!!

Cheerleader Outfit can be found in my etsy shop.

Linking up with Sew Much Ado


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Kathy, that turned out just too cute. What a fantastic idea, your doll is sooooo cute!

Love it!