I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Saturday, June 11, 2011

JUMP!

I am preparing to take my boys to JUMP!, a VBS in St. Louis.  This will be our 7th year and we all just love it!  Each year it gets bigger:  when we started in 2004, 700 kids came and this year they are expecting over 4000 kiddos!!!  They have approximately 1000 volunteers helping out.  It is really exciting stuff and a blessing to be a part of something so big touching children's lives.

Each age group is given a different colored shirt (part of keeping everyone organized!) and the volunteers have their own shirts; it really is a rainbow of colors when we are together!  The sky is the limit as to what you do with it (besides wear it!!)  It's so much fun to see everyone's creativity: beads, embroidery, applique, lace, etc.   I of course waited until the last day to do something with my shirt!! 

I pulled these fabric swatches out of my stash.   Fabric flowers are what I had in mind, featured on Sew Much Ado.


The fabric flowers were very easy to do.  I used 1" strips and joined 2 strips together to make the largest flower. 


I also added some leaves to the flowers using Heat and Bond.  These flowers can also be attached to hair pins, head bands or whatever suits you!  It's a great way to coordinate any outfit.  I did attach some fabric flowers to hairclips, too.  I am in love with all of the flowers in fashion right now.  It's a really feminine touch.


I am off to pack!  Blessings to you all dear friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cute idea, I didn't know it was time for JUMP again. I hope you all have a MARVELOUSLY good time. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

Love and hugs