I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

my new friend

Bromeliad

 Somehow I can't help myself from buying beautiful plants whenever I am in a nursery.  Some people pick up stray animals; I have a tendency to pick up stray plants!!!  This lovely bromeliad managed to find itself into my cart with the idea it would be the perfect addition to my table. 


Since I knew little about the plant (I didn't even know it's name) my hubby quickly looked it up on his phone.  It has tiny yellow flowers and can you see the resemblance to the pineapple?  Yep, same family.  What's neat is that you water it through the leaves.  Pretty cool, I think.  Also, it's very adaptable, which is a good thing for me:)

Sideboard

I've got sort of a Hawaiian feel to my breakfast room.  I've never been to the islands but I think I'd really enjoy all of the bright flowers, ocean views and sandy beaches.  Would anyone like to join me??  He he!

Today I am content to be heading off to the pool with my boys (one can still dream right?)
 

Blessings!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy that is soooo beautiful.
I love that color orange and the green leaves set it off so wonderfully. It goes so nice with your color scheme too.

Hope you had a great day at the pool. It was cold and rainy here all day.