I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Comfort Food


Macaroni and cheese is comfort food for me.  It's what all kids love and as an adult I haven't grown out of it (there's still a kid in me!!)   My oldest son is a pastaholic - he could eat pasta everyday and never grow tired of it.  This is a dish I came up with to satisfy our pasta cravings.  I wanted something easy, fast but yet full of cheesy homemade goodness.

Shells and Cheese
1 box of Barilla pasta (shells or macaroni)
1/4 cup of butter
3/4 cup milk
3/4 tsp garlic salt
freshly ground pepper
panko break crumbs
2-3 cups of your favorite shredded cheese (cheddar or colby-jack)

Cook the pasta according to the directions.  Drain and pour back into pot.  Add butter, milk, garlic salt, pepper and 2 cups of cheese.  Heat on low and stir until cheese and butter are melted.  Pour into a casserole dish and bake in a 350degree oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.  Sprinkle some panko bread crumbs and more cheese on top.  Place under the broiler for a few minutes until golden brown.

Serves 6 pasta loving people without a trace of it left!

Blessings!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you make me hungry.
I guess there is still a lot of the kid in me, cuz, what is better than homemade Mac and Cheese?