I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

organizing Christmas cards

Today I took down all of my Christmas cards and photos taped to the the side of my kitchen cabinet.  What was taking me so long you ask?? Since we live so far from our family and a lot of our friends it is nice to see their smiling faces long after the tree gets put away.

But, I felt it was time to take them down as Easter is next month already and pastels and flowers will soon take center stage.  For many years I was just trimming the photo cards and placing them in a photo box.  But, have you noticed how the cards keep getting bigger and bigger and how we put more than one picture on them? My photo box is plumb full.

 I can't remember which lovely blog I saw this idea at but I think it is a great one.  Simply punch a  hole in the top left corner of the cards and join them with a key ring. She added Christmas ribbon and a cardstock tag with the year on it.  But I have a friend who makes her own Christmas cards every year so I put hers on the top.


All of them are kept together without doing too much work!

Now, I am in sort of a dilemma about what to do about the pretty cards I receive.  They seem too beautiful to throw away with their velvety borders or glittery scenes.  My mom reuses hers as gift tags. 

Do you reuse yours?  How do you store your photocards?  

1 comment:

Shann said...

Love your ideas Kathy!
I have actually framed two from this year in $3.00 Walmart frames that I painted. Stored them away for this coming Christmas to set out on a table or shelf. Not very original...but kind of cute. :)