I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

gifts for my nephew

My sister just welcomed into their family a new baby boy.  In my family we grow our babies big, not sure why since we are all on the small side.  But, my sister gets the prize for the biggest baby out of all us girls.  Hers weighed in at 10lbs 13 oz.  Yep, 10lbs 13 oz!!!  We couldn't be happier for them, mom and baby are doing great.  Isn't it fun when God adds a new branch to the family tree?  I think so!

Since sewing for babes is what I love to do I whipped up a few things for the sweet new boy.

As moms we all know there's lots of feeding and burping going on so these may come in handy.


My sister wanted a generous sized blanket for snuggling.  That inspired me to sew flannel and super fuzzy fleece together. 


On the backside of the blanket I included a little surprise.  I thought it would be fun for him as he got older to see his name on the blanket.  I added a ribbon loop too just for fun.  My boys always had a favorite corner of their blanket; I am hoping this will be Luke's favorite! 


Do you remember the football hat I crocheted?  Well, instead of giving her that one I made a new one and added some ears to go with the snowsuit he needed. Originally, I was thinking they would be bear ears.  But, now I think it looks more like the lion.


We are just tickled pink to have a new baby in the family.  Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Shann said...

Hi Kathy!
Congrats Auntie on your new little fellow! He is a big bebe! I love big babies! More to snuggle with. :)
All the goodies you made are lovely...as usual.
Have a wonderful day today!!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Everything is so wonderful, as Shann says...as usual. So Happy for Mary and family.