I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Show and Tell

I wanted to show you my doll's new Christmas dress!  While I love to sew for dolls it's a treat to buy something new, out of fabrics not easily found.

 
The red sweater dress is a discontinued American Girl outfit I purchased from ebay back in November.  


Aren't the silver glitter tights and red patent shoes too cute? 

Changing topics now . . . amongst the busi-ness of Christmas I didn't have time to post about a Christmas party my church puts on every year for the moms and children who are a part of our local transitional housing program.  This year my part was to do a craft with the older children.  What an honor it was to do so.


They made cards for their moms along with these simple wreaths constructed from strips (2x7.5") of red organza.  They are simply tied onto a coat hanger shaped into a circle.  The children really enjoyed tying the strips and watching the wreath fill out. Some kids made them more full than others but either way they turn out really cute.


This is one I made as a sample.  Topped with a green satin bow they are very festive looking and can adorn a door or wall.  The coat hangers were generously donated by my dry cleaners.


No party is complete without gifts, right?  It was so much fun to watch the kids open theirs.  If you look closely on the girls shirt you will see her name "Miracle."  What a beautiful name don't you think?  Children are indeed such a blessing and miracle from the Lord.

Thank you for reading and may you be blessed by heaven above!

No comments: