I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Friday, January 6, 2012

thoughts

With the sunlight streaming in my dining room this morning I take advantage of the quiet moment and am inspired by the picture on my shower gel bottle.  Using my sons rainbow colored pencils I recreate the winter scene as best I can.  One of my earliest memories is standing over the easel in kindergarten adorned with a painters smock.  They were watercolor paintings with broad strokes I am sure but oh how I loved it!  In this new year of 2012 I am hoping to devote more time to drawing and see what becomes of it.

image
My thoughts drift to yesterday when I walked through the Cancer Care doors with a friend of mine and it was a sobering moment.  I, a healthy mom, her a mom with a lump in her breast.  Although this is her second time with the cancer diagnosis, it is a daunting road ahead of her.  She fought the giant and won over 20 years ago.  Now, she is faced with this other giant.  On the drive home with talked about everyday life and laughed over the challenges of raising kids.  As we neared her home she pulled out a white paper from her purse and read out loud the lab report of her lymph node.  A lot of technical words that went on and on but left such a heaviness in her and my heart for amongst the technical jargon we knew it wasn't good.  What can you do but pray and love one going through such a battle?  I don't know, but I do know this, I want to be by her side supporting her along with her other friends and family.  Back again at her home,  I took her hand and prayed for her and then she prayed for me.  A woman faced with such a battle found the words to pray for me.  Me?  I. was. shocked.  

Oh, Lord, how great your love is, for words can never express the height, depth or width of it.

2 comments:

Shann said...

Oh Kathy, your dear friend! She sounds like a wonderful lady. I will certainly pray for her. Life certainly comes at us hard at times, doesn't it? I always tell myself that it is another reminder that this place is not our home. There will be so many more trials ahead for me and those I love on this earth. I want to be like your friend when faced with those trials....head up...smile on my face....joy in my heart....and loving on others in spite of my circumstances. Hugs to you today!
Shann
Oh! Your little drawing is darling!! Keep up the good work and don't forget to show us your other creations. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your talents extended to drawing too! You never cease to amaze me dearest. I am looking forward to the posts you mentioned.

Hugs