I Cor 16:14

"Let all that you do be done with love." I Cor 16:14

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Warren Dunes State Park - Michigan

The second day of our vacation we drove up the coastline of Lake Michigan to Warren Dunes State Park. I love the abundance of beautiful sand here and the sky is such a magnificent blue against the white puffy clouds. We quickly decided we would climb the dune behind us. We were up for the challenge!!

It wasn't a pretty sight! There was a lot of huffing and puffing on my part. And the sand was extremely hot! Only one of my boys was wearing the right foot wear for the climb - tennis shoes! But, we persevered and got to enjoy the view from the top.

What a beautiful view it was - you could see for miles in every direction.

We had it made in the shade at the top. My youngest found sliding down the dune fun! The older boys ran down the dune and they felt like they were flying.

Once we were down to the bottom we cooled off in the water. The beach was beautiful with a sand bar not too far out. The water was warm and calm and oh, so refreshing. The boys enjoyed building and digging in the sand as well. I found out later there are mud pits at the park. We wondered about the teenagers walking on the beach with a grayish tint to their skin. It was a lot of "fun in the sun!"








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE ALL OF THE PICS!!!

Julie said...

Great pics and story! We love Warren Dunes! :)